Classic "self portrait" by the ocean.
I take a trip every spring break to visit my sister in Santa Barbara. This year the trip happened to fall on Easter weekend (oops!). While the kids and Daddy were having creamed eggs on toast (one of my personal favorites!), Aunt Wiwi and I were enjoying a free (for us) Easter brunch at the 5 star resort she works at, Bacara. The brunch was nothing less than amazing, with too many foods to taste, or even list here! We had Eggs Benedict, waffles with fresh fruit, and a veggie omelet for starters. Then we had sushi, fancy cheeses, more fresh fruit, and chocolate croissants (my favorite) for seconds. Thirds were strictly at the dessert table with samples of many types of cheesecakes, chocolates, and other little tasties. All this with espresso and mimosas to drink, sitting out in the sunshine and listening to live music! There were a hundred other foods we could have tried, including a number of lunch entrees, fresh seafood bar, and carving stations. All beautifully displayed with flowers, ice sculptures, a chocolate fountain, and the most courteous wait staff you could ask for! It helped that they all worked with Wiwi and adore her. I felt like royalty, or like the incredibly rich people who were all enjoying the brunch around us with their families.
We had a great visit, which included a ton of shopping at the high end, name brand outlet mall nearby. We also enjoyed walking around the pier and State Street, pedicures, movies, great food, sleeping in, and talking. Although I missed my family at home, I really love hanging out with my sister!