Friday, June 13, 2008

New words

Bry has been developing an impressive vocabulary, adding new, more complicated words each day. He learned that the word "gorgeous" means pretty, and was excited to try it out. Lucky for Mommy, he has used it on me several times. "You look gorgeous today, Mommy!"

He also likes to hear himself talk. He talks ALL THE TIME! When there is a peaceful silence, he fills it with questions and "Why?". When he runs out of things to ask, he simply says "I love you Mommy (or Daddy)" to fill air time. I'm pretty exhausted answering all the questions, but I do love to hear him fill dead air with his "I Love Yous".

Kend is also talking a lot more. New words: Ball (and she has discovered how to throw things... usually NOT balls, food is her favorite), up, "cheers" (as if she is clinking glasses with you to celebrate something, usually she does this with food too), Binky (only allowed at bedtime, but asked for all the same), Bry is "Bubba", Buster the dog is "Budder", Shayde the dog is "Shay Shay", Jazmyn the cat is "Kiii", and many more. She has started to parrot most of what we say, and even tries to sing the "Clean Up" song! She is excellent at following directions... when she wants to! She has also learned that she can complain, loudly, when she doesn't get her way.