We lost Grandma Mary this fall. She was such a strong and kind woman. I remember spending time with her in the old farm house that she raised her 8 children in with my grandpa Bill (who passed away years ago), running around with my many cousins (20 of us in all!). We used to play in the old barn, chase the wild cats and play pool in the separate game room out back. I always felt safe and at home when I was with her. She was famous for her cooking, especially fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. Although she was quiet, she was quick witted. When she was in the hospital, a family member remarked on her room with a view, and she replied with "I can see Russia from my house!"
Grandma with Bry & Kend last spring. The kids loved playing in the fruit trees in her back yard. These guys are just two of 34 great-grandchildren. She even had two great-great grandchildren! Somehow she managed to remember every birthday!

Here are most of the 20 grandchildren at the service. Most still live near Grandma's home, but some came from as far away as Alaska! It was great to catch up with cousins that I haven't seen in years, some since I was a kid!
Finally, a picture of all 8 children together!
